Fabulous Flowers - Our Craft Lounge

It's my turn to spotlight some Our Craft Lounge projects....and today I'm going to share some fabulous flowers projects.

This first card features the Tweet Thang set.  Though the flowers in this set are tiny, I used the paper piecing technique on this card to color all of my fabby little flowers and make them POP!  I used My Mind's Eye designer paper and accented it with Copic markers.

This next card uses two sets; the flowers, swirls and leaves are from the Fabulous Florals set.  I stamped the images with Versamark ink onto white cardstock and then colored my images with chalks.   This card was tricky to photograph, but in real life it is soft and blended.  This is a quick technique to use and works perfectly with the images in this set.  The sentiment is stamped with black Stazon ink and is from the Say It With Flowers set.

The next three cards use the beautiful You Make Me Happy set.  For this first one I colored the image three times with Copic markers and then cut them out and popped them up on foam tape for dimension.   

This next card I stamped the image with Stazon ink onto watercolor paper and then did a messy watercolor look using Tim Holtz Distress Ink.  Once dry, I tore the image out and mounted it on foam tape for some added dimension.    I stamped the verse and then lined it up with the embossing folder for a bit of a sketchbook/notebook feel.


Finally, for this last card I also played around a bit with the Distress Reinkers...I made a watercolor wash background panel and stamped the sentiment from the Sunshine Cheer set in black Stazon ink.
I cut this watercolored image out and popped it up on foam for additional dimension.

Hopefully these cards put a pop of color into the grey days of winter!  Bring on Spring! :)
Michelle Pearson ~ Inspiration Blooms

Comments

Love these cards Michelle - particularly the way you used the last stamp to make three totally different cards - you have inspired me :-)
Blessings
Maxine
Melissa said…
Michelle,

These are all beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing them and inspiring me to be creative today!
Unknown said…
The first 2 cards are sooo CUTE! But I'm in love with the 3rd card! Absolutely gorgeous use of this image. The other 2 cards show how versatile the stamp is. TFS! ;o)
Sheri said…
Such a wonderful collection of techniques and of course, you've done an amazing job with them! :)
Faith S. said…
Wow! The "You Make Me Happy" cards are amazing!! All are so beautiful!!

Popular Posts