Sewing with The Rubber Cafe


This week's challenge at The Rubber Cafe is to add a touch of sewing on your card! I use a lot of faux stitching on my cards...so I decided to change it up and add some hand stitching to my card this week...paper embroidery!

I LOVE the vintage floral images that were released last summer...this grater is so fun....I just may have to find me a real one and do this when my flowers start to bloom!

I stamped and colored the Grater Floral image with Copic Markers and then doodled a frame around it. I love the font of the Vertical Happy Birthday sentiment. Paper is by Heidi Grace.

My only embellishment on this card is the Martha Stewart punched border which I hand stitched with to strands of embroidery floss. I finished the flowers with an adhesive pearl...so very soft and feminine! Bring on SPRING!!!

We hope you join us in the stitching challenge! You can add real stitching, machine or by hand....or even faux if you'd rather! Some lucky participant will sew up a dandy prize!! It should be YOU!! Enter your creation HERE!

Comments

Anne-Marie said…
Anybody who follows my blog will know that I find it hard NOT to do some handstitching on a card, so this challenge is right up my street, lol! Off to thread a needle.....
Michelle...
Is it just me...I don't see a picture of your card here or on TRC's blog...

Kristine
THUD!!!!! This is drop dead gorgeous! I love all that hand work!
Gail S. said…
Wow! The hand embroidery is beautiful!! I love the grater image - I use one just like it in my kitchen.

You did a wonderful job, I would hate to give this one away :)
coldwaters2 said…
Wow Michelle what a little beauty and that embroidery looks amazing it really adds to the stunning effect of the whole card.
Hugs
Lorraine x
Rebekah said…
Wow, look at all that cutting! Very beautiful!
Rosie said…
Oh my word, I have that border punch and never thought to add color to it....so very creative to hand stitch on the border!! I love it!! Hugs, Rosemary

Popular Posts